took sweet little e to disneyland for her very first visit! i think 2.5 yo is the oh-so-perfect age to introduce your sweet little one to the magic of disney. we had an amazing time and somehow lasted 12 hours in the park!
sunnies / mickey+minnie shoes / vest <3 / jumper (zara kids, not avail anymore)
1. southern california resident pass (3 day pass through may) for the win! you can also put it towards an annual pass before you last day’s use.. we didn’t do this because we can’t ever make it down on week days and the weeknds are pretty much blacked out until you drop some major $$$$.. so we actually bought the pass twice! remember you get magic morning 1x/pass so plan accordingly!
2. stroller napping 🙂 – you can get a pretty long day in if your little is good at napping in the stroller.. ours is.. she sleeps for 2+ hours (zonked out from all the excitement) and we use that time to take a break in downtown disney or grab a bite to eat/rest..
3. minnie ears .. we got these as a present for little e on our first visit and she got super excited about wearing these every time we visit now! (don’t forget to ask them to cut off the tag so it doesn’t stick out and annoy your little!)
4. those minnie and mickey shoes? they are mini melissas! she also loves getting these on for her disney trips!
5. plan plan plan! there are a couple of fast passes you can get for littles but these rides are indoors/dark/loud so our sweet little e actually didn’t like the rides. we try to go far into the park early morning to avoid the crowds, hang out til a late lunch, take a nap break and then come back in the evenings.
6. if you want to make a mini trip out of it, we usually stay at the hyatt place or hyatt house (we like the hyatt place a little more cuz it’s right across from the toy story shuttle lot and has a pool, but hyatt place is a closer walk). you can get rooms with cash+points or its only 12000 points/night! remember both these hotels include free hot breakfast so that can save your family some $! (parking is extra though so plan accordingly). when we can, we try to make a weekend out of the trip and stay the night before and the night of so we can really maximize our time at disneyland and zonk out at nights!